Public Library offers Thanksgiving, autumn programs for all ages | Arts & Culture
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Autumn is upon us and if you have restless, bored kids at home for a fall school break, give thanks that the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is offering programs for children, teens, adults and families to keep everyone entertained.
Call the library branch for details or visit our calendar page for additional events at http://programs.cincinnatilibrary.org.
Children & Family Programs
- Autumn S’mores: Saturday, Nov. 17, 4 p.m. — Everyone in the family is invited to make special autumn s’mores to celebrate fall and Thanksgiving. Corryville Branch 2802 Vine Street. 513-369-6034.
- Thanksgiving Theater BYOB events: Monday, Nov. 19, through Friday, Nov. 23, noon — School is out in Reading, so bring your own bag lunches and your kids to the library and enjoy a family-friendly film together with your neighbors every day this week, except Thanksgiving Day. Reading Branch, 9001 Reading Road. 513-369-4465.
- Special Thanksgiving Storytimes: Monday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. — The Library is holding a Preschool Storytime (ages 3-6) at 10 a.m. with books, songs, activities and more for building early literacy skills. Then at 11 a.m. there will be a Toddler Storytime (ages 18-36 months) that encourages emerging language skills with books, rhymes, music and fun. Loveland Branch, 649 Loveland-Madeira Road. 513-369-4476.
- Family Craft Night with Clay Pot Turkeys: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6:30 p.m. — Make a turkey decoration out of a clay pot and feathers. Ages 6-12 with an adult. Mt. Healthy Branch, 7608 Hamilton Avenue. 513-369-4469.
- Make a Fall Necklace: Tuesday, Nov 20, 4 p.m. — Teens are invited to come in and make a fall necklace. Forest Park Branch Library, 655 Waycross Road. 513-369-4478.
- Fall Wii for Teens: Wednesday, Nov. 21, 4 p.m. — Teens are invited to come in and play Wii. Forest Park Branch Library, 655 Waycross Road. 513-369-4478.
- Taste of Fall: Monday, Nov. 12, 6:30 p.m. — Join Llanfair Retirement Community's Executive Chef Nancy Schmalle as she shares tastings of fall favorites like Sweet Potato Bake, Honey Ginger Salmon, and a Pumpkin Roll. Along with samples, Chef Schmalle provides recipes and nutritional information. Monfort Heights Branch, 3825 West Fork Road. 513-369-4472.
- Awesome Autumn: Tuesday, Nov. 13, 7 p.m. — Join Branch Manager Mary Beth Bretsel for an adult storytime. Delhi Township Branch, 5095 Foley Road. 513-369-6019.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police pursuit in Batavia ends in accident
- Advance Auto Parts opening new store in Eastgate
- Fallen Heroes Memorial groundbreaking held in Clermont Co.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Clermont County Fallen Heroes Memorial - 5/14 at 10am
- Free & Secure Community Shred Day in Clermont County - May 18 from 9-12