City of Montgomery seeking nominations for July 4th parade Grand Marshal | Community Spirit
MONTGOMERY, OH (FOX19) - The City of Montgomery is looking for eligible residents to lead the Independence Day parade as Grand Marshal.
Nominees should be willing and able to carry out the functions of the Grand Marshal including:
- be introduced and honored at the annual Blue Ash Montgomery Symphony Orchestra’s Independence Day Concert on July 3
- ride in a convertible leading the Independence Day Parade
- present the parade awards at the July 4th Festival in Montgomery Park
- be interviewed for a feature in the Montgomery Bulletin
- be recognized at a Montgomery City Council meeting.
The nominated person must be 18 years of age or older.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Government Affairs Committee of City Council. They will select the Grand Marshall from the nominations received based on their community service, personal deeds and dedication to the community.
Nominations are to be made using the City of Montgomery official nomination form found on the City’s website, www.montgomeryohio.org. Nominations are due to the Montgomery City Hall, 10101 Montgomery Road, by Wednesday, April 10, 2013.