Madeira residents rally together in support of Camargo crossing | Community Spirit
MADEIRA, OH (FOX19) - More than 60 Madeira residents and local businesses have formed a citizen-led organization to promote a future with a diversity of stable housing types, a vibrant downtown and growing tax base. The announcement of the new group, Madeira Forward, will be made Friday, June 22, at 3:30pm in front of Madeira City Hall.
Madeira Forward supports the proposed Camargo Crossing, an upscale, lifestyle apartment community and is committed to advocate for the many benefits of the development to Madeira including:
- Develop a modern community that will attract additional residents, provide a needed alternative for current residents who want to stay in Madeira, and help reverse the recent population decline.
- Stimulate new spending in downtown from the new households within walking distance, enhance the health of current businesses and attract new ones.
- Create needed revenue for the school system, which will receive double the current level from the vacant site for the first 10 years and ten times current revenues starting in year eleven.
- Secure a new source of earnings and real estate taxes at a time when declining state revenues will significantly impact the City's budget.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season