Reds' Joey Votto donates equipment to local schools | News
EAST WALNUT HILLS, OH (FOX19)- Local baseball teams are enjoying new equipment, courtesy of Reds first baseman, Joey Votto.
In the spirit of Redsfest, Votto personally donated baseball equipment to ten Cincinnati Public Schools and four knothole teams on Friday.
The varsity baseball team and school leaders at Purcell Marian High School enjoyed a meet-and-greet with the Cincinnati star.
"When you don't know how to get to a point you want to get to, whether it be through academics or sports or personal or whatever, sometimes you have to think outside the box. That comes from knowledge and learning from people who have been in that same position. So, they asked great questions, a bunch of great kids. I was very proud to pick this school and come by and say hi", said Votto.
Votto is also scheduled to appear at Redsfest, going on Friday and Saturday at the Duke Energy Center.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police pursuit in Batavia ends in accident
- Advance Auto Parts opening new store in Eastgate
- Fallen Heroes Memorial groundbreaking held in Clermont Co.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Clermont County Fallen Heroes Memorial - 5/14 at 10am
- Free & Secure Community Shred Day in Clermont County - May 18 from 9-12