Cincinnati man indicted in fatal East End crash | News
EAST END (FOX19)- A grand jury has returned an indictment in a fatal crash.
Scott Grubbs, 36, was indicted on two counts of aggravated vehicular homicide and one count of not stopping after an accident.
Police were called to the 4600 block of Kellogg Avenue at around 9 p.m. Saturday.
Police say Grubbs, 36, was driving eastbound on Kellogg Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle, went off the right side of the road and rolled into an embankment.
His passenger, Tonia Chaney, 41, was killed in the crash.
Officers say Grubbs fled the scene but was arrested a short time later. He was taken to University Hospital and was treated for minor injuries.
Grubbs and Chaney were not wearing seatbelts. Alcohol and speed appear to be factors in the crash.
According to Hamilton County court records, Grubbs was driving with a suspended license and had five prior OVI offenses.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season