UC board approves 3.5% tuition hike | News
CINCINNATI (FOX19) –- The University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees approved a 3.5 per cent tuition hike for the next school year Tuesday.
This amounts to $365 for West Campus undergraduate students, which represents about 60 per cent of UC's enrollment. There are different tuition levels for professional schools like Law, Medicine, and Nursing, as well as for branch campuses.
UC spokesman Greg Hand says the increase is at the state-imposed cap level. The state has also cut funding for U.C. The level is falling from 20 to 17 per cent of the school's budget, and the university has imposed a 7 per cent cut on all departments, which can lead to layoffs and attrition, since most departments spend the vast majority of their money on salaries. Academic departments whose enrollment goes up can reduce the amount of cuts based on the revenue the additional students bring in.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Christ Hospital Physicians Welcomes Certified Nurse Midwife Practice to Anderson
- Anderson's Got Talent Returns to Greater Anderson Days
- Ohio School Boards Association names Mercy Health to Business Honor Roll
- Traffic and parking restrictions for Tim McGraw concert
- Coney Island opens Saturday for 127th season