Lemonade stand benefits pediatric cancer | News
KENWOOD, OH (FOX19)- Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF), a non-profit organization dedicated towards serving those with pediatric cancer, will host a lemonade stand at a local Toys"R"Us Thursday and Friday.
Kids and families affected by pediatric cancer will be at the 7800 Montgomery Road Toys"R"Us in Kenwood from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days serving complementary lemonade and taking donations for the foundation.
Last year, two ALSF lemonade stands that were hosted in Cincinnati collected over $1,600, helping to fund 400 families faced with the need to travel for their child's cancer treatment.
In addition to providing travel grants, ALSF also uses donations to provide research grants for doctors and scientists, as well as developing resources for children and families affected by pediatric cancer.
In the United States, over 12,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police pursuit in Batavia ends in accident
- Advance Auto Parts opening new store in Eastgate
- Fallen Heroes Memorial groundbreaking held in Clermont Co.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Clermont County Fallen Heroes Memorial - 5/14 at 10am
- Free & Secure Community Shred Day in Clermont County - May 18 from 9-12