Police: Woman shoplifted, faked labor pains, escaped from hospital | News
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- A woman is facing several charges after police say she shoplifted, then threatened officers, lied about having pregnancy complications and escaped from the hospital.
Tamala Grissett, 29, of Covington, is charged with escape, aggravated menacing, obstructing official business and theft.
According to Hamilton County court records, Grissett took $1,297 in items from the Macy's at the Kenwood Towne Center.
When officers responded, she gave them a false drivers license. When police confirmed her identity, they found she had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. During the course of the investigation, she threatened to kill the arresting officer, threatened to file a false abuse complaint saying the officer beat her and get the officer fired.
While the officer was completing paperwork, she told him she was pregnant and having complications. She was transported to University Hospital, where she escaped from custody.
She was found a short time later at a nearby McDonald's and taken to the Hamilton County Justice Center.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police pursuit in Batavia ends in accident
- Advance Auto Parts opening new store in Eastgate
- Fallen Heroes Memorial groundbreaking held in Clermont Co.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Clermont County Fallen Heroes Memorial - 5/14 at 10am
- Free & Secure Community Shred Day in Clermont County - May 18 from 9-12